Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To remove and replace the battery on your Outlaw 70, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Set the parking brake and remove the key.
3. Remove the battery cover strap from the battery holder in the right rear wheel well.
4. Then remove the battery cover.
5. Disconnect the negative cable first with a 10mm socket to prevent arcing, and set the cable aside.
6. Then disconnect the positive cable with a 10mm socket and set aside.
7. Carefully lift the battery out of the vehicle.
8. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris to prevent damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. Use the battery charging port underneath the seat as needed.
9. Clean the inside of the battery holder.
10. Install the battery into the holder.
11. Reinstall the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
12. Then reinstall the negative cable. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
13. Coat the terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
14. Verify the cables are properly routed and secure.
15. Start the vehicle to verify the battery is properly connected.
16. Clean the inside of the battery cover. Then reinstall the cover.
17. Finally, reinstall the cover strap and ensure it is secure.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.