Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To inspect and replace the spark plug on your Outlaw 70, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and allow it to cool completely.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. In the right front wheel well, clean the area around the spark plug.
4. Carefully remove the spark plug cap.
5. Then remove the spark plug with a 5/8-inch spark plug socket.
6. Inspect the electrodes for wear and carbon buildup. The spark plug should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion of the electrodes.
7. Inspect the spark plug gap and adjust if necessary. The gap should be 0.024 inches to 0.028 inches (0.6 to 0.7 mm).
8. If necessary, replace with the recommended spark plug from your dealer. The spark plug for an Outlaw 70 is NGK CR7HSA (part number 3023835). Severe engine damage may occur if the incorrect spark plug is used.
9. Reinstall the spark plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (13 Nm).
10. Reinstall the spark plug cap and ensure it is fully seated.
11. Finally, start the engine to verify proper operation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.