- 6mm Allen Socket
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- 2.5-inch (64mm) Oil Filter Wrench
- Oil Pan
- PS-4 Engine Oil
- Oil Filter
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. The PS-4 Oil Change Kit is part number 2877473. The Extreme Duty Oil Change Kit is part number 2878924.
To change the oil and filter on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 570, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Place the transmission in PARK. Set the parking brake.
3. Start the engine. Allow it to warm up at idle for 2 to 3 minutes. Stop the engine.
4. Remove the oil dipstick access panel on the right side of the vehicle.
5. Clean the area around the dipstick.
6. Remove the dipstick and set it aside.
7. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
8. Clean the area around the oil drain plug.
9. Remove the drain plug and washer with a 6mm Allen socket. Allow the oil to drain completely.
10. Access the oil filter on the front of the engine through the right wheel well. Using a 2.5-inch (64mm) oil filter wrench, turn the filter counterclockwise to remove it.
11. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing surface on the crankcase.
12. Lubricate the O-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Make sure the O-ring is in good condition.
13. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter gasket contacts the sealing surface. Then turn it an additional three-quarters of a turn. The oil filter is part number 2520799. It is included in both oil change kits.
14. Clean any dirt or debris from the drain plug and ensure the sealing surfaces are free of any nicks or scratches.
15. Install a new sealing washer on the drain plug. The sealing washer is part number 5812232.
16. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
17. Clean any residual oil from the vehicle.
18. Fill the engine with 2 quarts (1.9 L) of the recommended oil through the dipstick port. Do not overfill.
19. Reinstall the dipstick. Wipe away any residual oil.
20. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
21. Stop the engine and inspect for any leaks.
22. Remove the dipstick and wipe it with a clean shop towel. Reinstall the dipstick fully and remove it again to check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
23. Reinstall the dipstick.
24. Wipe up any residual oil and dispose of the used oil and filter properly.
25. Reinstall the engine access panel.
26. Reset the service interval.
- Turn the key ON and hold the MODE button to enter the Options Menu.
- Then, navigate to SERVICE HOURS.
- Press the MODE again to change the service hours.
- Using the up and down buttons, adjust the service hours to your desired setting.
- Then press the MODE button again to confirm your selection.
27. Move to the rear of the vehicle to clean the spark arrestor.
28. Using an 8mm socket, remove the fastener that secures the spark arrester to the tailpipe and pull the arrestor screen out.
29. Inspect the screen for any wear or damage, and replace if necessary.
30. Clean the screen as needed and reinstall in the tailpipe.
31. Reinstall the arrester fastener and nut. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.