Tools and Supplies Required
- RANGER 150 Half Door Kit (part number 2889022)
- 4mm Allen Socket
- 5/16-Inch Allen Socket
- 10mm Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 10mm Wrench
- 13mm Wrench
- 17mm Wrench
- 9/16-Inch Wrench
- 17mm Crowfoot Wrench
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Torque Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle.
To install the Half Door Kit (part number 2889022) on your RANGER 150, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface. Ensure the parking brake is set.
2. Loosen the three straps on the side net and remove from the vehicle.
3. With a T40 TORX® socket, remove and retain the two fasteners on the floor securing the side net and remove the net.
4. Continue by reinstalling the retained floor fasteners and tighten until fully seated.
5. Repeat this process on the other side.
6. Remove the fastener and nut on the brace bar with a 10mm socket and 13mm wrench. Retain the fastener for reinstallation and discard the nut.
7. Remove and retain two lower fasteners on the brace bar using a 10mm socket.
8. Continue by sliding the bar toward the front of the vehicle to remove.
9. With the hinge pins facing out, insert the lower portion of the door frame into the body panel and slide the upper tube over the tube on the chassis.
10. Reinstall the retained upper fastener with the provided washer into the upper portion of the mount and secure with the provided nut. Do not torque at this time.
11. Reinstall the two retained lower fasteners with the provided washers into the bottom portion of the mount. Do not torque at this time.
12. With a 5/16-inch Allen socket, remove the two front lower cab frame fasteners and nuts. Discard the fasteners and retain the nuts. Moving the cab frame back and forth while removing the fasteners may aid in removal.
13. Remove the fastener from the middle of the front fender with a T40 TORX® socket.
14. Align the door striker plate over the mounting holes on the door striker mount.
15. Ensure the large oval is placed over the opening in the bracket and is offset with the top of the striker mount bracket.
16. With a 4mm Allen socket, install the two provided fasteners into the plate and torque to 79 in-lbs (9 Nm).
17. Continue by fully installing the smaller nut onto the door striker.
18. Insert the striker through the striker plate and install the larger nut.
19. Install the two provided cab frame fasteners into the front of the cab frame and install the provided spacers on the other side.
20. Align the striker mount with the cab frame fasteners and secure with the previously removed nuts.
21. With a 4mm Allen socket, install the longest striker mount fastener and an included washer into the bottom of the mount and tighten until fully seated.
22. With a 5/16-inch Allen socket and 9/16-inch wrench, counter-hold and torque the cab frame fasteners to 30 ft-lbs (41 Nm).
23. Insert a nut plate smooth side up, behind the mounting bracket on the door. A trim tool may be used to aid in aligning the nut plate.
24. Align the door stem mount with the opening pointing downward and bending outward. Insert two provided shorter fasteners and washers into the mount.
25. Repeat this process for the other mount.
26. Align the door to the door stems on the door mount and firmly press down into place.
27. Carefully close the door and verify proper fitment as necessary. The provided spacers may be installed between the hinge and the door to improve fitment.
28. Adjust the striker depth as necessary to ensure the door double latches.
29. Tighten the door hinge fasteners with a 10mm wrench to ensure the door stays in the desired position when opening the door.
30. Open the door and use a 10mm socket to torque the fasteners to 79 in-lbs (9 Nm).
31. Close the door and set the striker height.
32. Open the door and counter-hold the striker fastener with a 17mm crowfoot wrench to torque to 22 ft-lbs (30 Nm).
33. Close the door and ensure proper fitment.
34. Counter-hold the upper door fastener and nut and torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
35. Torque the two lower door frame fasteners to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
36. Align the door strap with the slots on the door mounts and slide the openings of the straps over the mounts and down into place. The fitment of the strap is very tight and may be difficult to install. A flat-head screwdriver may be used to aid in installation. Use care not to tear the strap.
37. Repeat this process for the other door.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC