VIDEO: Phoenix 200 Air Filter Replacement
Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris Phoenix 200. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter on your Phoenix 200, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in gear.
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Turn the seat latch and lift up to remove the seat.
4. Clean the area around the air filter cover.
5. Unfasten the four airbox cover clips and remove the airbox cover.
6. Inspect the cover seal for damage. Replace if necessary. The seal is part number 0452569.
7. Using a Phillips screwdriver, loosen the clamp and remove the air filter.
8. Remove the pre-filter from the air filter and inspect the pre-filter.
9. Inspect the main filter and replace if necessary.
10. Clean the pre-filter with soapy water and let it air-dry. Notice: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter. The air filter for a Phoenix 200 is part number 0452306.
11. Wipe down the airbox.
12. Install the pre-filter on the main filter.
13. Install the main air filter in the airbox. The air filter should be fully seated onto the intake tube. Proper placement of the air filter is important to prevent rattles and air leaks. Notice: Use of a non-Polaris-approved air filter may cause engine damage. Always use a Polaris-approved replacement filter. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often.
14. Tighten the clamp.
15. Install the airbox cover and secure the spring clamps.
16. Reinstall the seat.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you through the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.