Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To change the transmission fluid on your Outlaw 70, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Using a 10mm socket, remove the fill plug and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 10mm socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the sealing washers on both plugs. Replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
11. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 4 to 5 ounces (150 mL). AGL Full Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the fill plug. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (11 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle, and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.