Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To inspect or replace the air filter on your Outlaw 70, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Set the parking brake.
3. Lift up on the back of the seat and pull back to remove.
4. Remove the two push rivets on the access cover and lift back to open.
5. Position the diagnostic plug out of the way as needed.
6. Clean the area around the airbox.
7. Release the two airbox cover clips.
8. Pull the airbox cover out and rotate so the rubber outlet is pointed up.
9. Pivot the cover toward the opening and position in front of the battery. Rotate the cover straight up and out of the vehicle.
10. Next, remove the air filter from the airbox.
11. Inspect the air filter for excessive debris or damage. Replace with a Polaris-approved air filter from your dealer, if necessary. Do not attempt to clean the air filter. The air filter is part number 7082513.
12. Inspect the airbox seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5814854.
13. Clean the inside of the airbox thoroughly. Dirt or debris in the intake tube could result in severe engine damage.
14. Install the air filter into the box. To prevent dirt intrusion, ensure the O-ring is installed properly within the rim of the airbox.
15. Reinstall the airbox cover into the vehicle with the rubber outlet pointing up and the clips positioned inside the cover.
16. Rotate the cover until the rubber outlet is pointed downward and open the airbox clips.
17. Install the cover on the airbox and rotate until the alignment tab engages.
18. Secure the two airbox cover clips.
19. Reposition the diagnostic plug as needed.
20. Close the access cover and reinstall the two push rivets.
21. Finally, engage the front seat tabs and push down on the rear of the seat.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.