Always check and change the oil at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual. Always change the oil filter when changing the oil. When changing the oil on your Polaris ACE, always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. The engine drain plug is located on the bottom of the crankcase.
To change the oil and filter on your ACE 325, follow these steps:
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Start the engine and let it idle for 2 to 3 minutes. Stop the engine.
3. Clean the area around the drain plug. Caution: Hot oil can cause burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
4. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase and remove the drain plug.
5. Allow the oil to drain completely.
6. Install a new sealing washer on the drain pan. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
7. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 11 to 13 ft-lbs (14.5-17.5 Nm).
8. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the oil filter cover on the crankcase.
9. Place shop towels beneath the filter cover to catch oil drips. Remove the cover screws and remove the cover to access the oil filter.
10. Remove the oil filter and spring, retaining the spring for reinstallation.
11. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the surface of the crankcase.
12. Lubricate the O-ring for the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in good condition. Install the O-ring to the filter cover.
13. Reinstall the oil filter spring. Then install the new filter.
14. Reinstall the oil filter cover and O-ring. Torque the screws to 88 in-lbs (10 Nm).
15. Fill the sump with 1.75 quarts (1.65 liters) of the recommended oil.
16. Reinstall the upper fill cap (if removed), and tighten the dipstick.
17. Make sure the transmission is in PARK. Apply the brakes.
18. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for 1 to 2 minutes.
19. Stop the engine. Inspect for leaks.
20. Re-check the oil level on the dipstick, and add oil as necessary to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
21. Dispose of the used filter and oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.