|Required Tools and Supplies|
|Safety Glasses & Nitrile Gloves||Shop Rags|
|Torque Wrench||10mm, 15mm and 19mm Sockets|
|Clutch Spreader Tool|
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To inspect or replace the drive belt on your Scrambler XP 1000 S, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Lock the parking brake.
4. Using a 19mm socket, loosen the lug nuts on the left rear wheel.
5. Elevate and safely support the vehicle. Reference your Owner's Manual for proper lifting techniques.
6. Using a 19mm socket, remove the lug nuts on the left rear wheel and set aside.
7. Then remove the left rear wheel.
8. Using a 15mm socket, remove the four fasteners retaining the lower left-hand frame support and remove from the frame.
9. Using a 10mm socket, remove the 11 fasteners securing the outer PVT cover to the inner PVT cover.
10. Carefully maneuver the outer PVT cover out the left-hand wheel well.
11. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5813359.
12. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
13. Insert the clutch spreader tool between the slides and rotate in to spread the sheaves. Notice: Ensure the tool is square with the moveable sheave surface of the driven clutch.
14. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
15. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed.
16. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly. Warning: Failure to remove ALL debris when replacing the belt could result in vehicle damage, loss of control and serious injury or death.
17. If replacing the belt, the part number on the belt should face outward when installed. The belt is part number 3211160.
18. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
19. Spin the driven clutch clockwise five to seven times to seat the belt.
20. Carefully reinstall the clutch cover, ensuring the seal is fully seated.
21. Reinstall the 11 clutch cover fasteners. Torque to 30 in-lbs (3.4 Nm).
22. Locate the dot on the end of the lower left-hand frame support. Caution: The dot end must be aligned with the dot on the bottom of the frame. If not installed properly, the lower left-hand frame support could potentially break.
23. Torque the frame fasteners to 45 ft-lbs (60 Nm).
24. Reinstall the wheel on the hub.
25. Install the lug nuts and tighten by hand.
26. Safely lower the vehicle to the ground. Torque the lug nuts to 120 ft-lbs (162 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.