Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop rags
- AGL Transmission Fluid
- 8mm Allen socket
- Torque wrench
- Drain pan
- Fluid filler
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To change the transmission fluid on your model year 2020 and older Sportsman 570, Sportsman 570 Utility or Sportsman Touring 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK and set the parking brake.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Remove the transmission fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque 10 to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. AGL Full Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) or part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.