Required Tools and Supplies:
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Demand Drive Fluid
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
- Drain Pan
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To change the front gearcase fluid on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 570, follow these steps. For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids, as described in your Owner’s Manual.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK and set the parking brake.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug in the left front wheel well.
5. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Before continuing, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The capacity is 9 ounces (265 ml). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 19 ft-lbs (26 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Finally, dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.