- T27 TORX® Socket
- 1/4-inch Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Multi-Function Pliers
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To inspect or replace the drive belt on your model year 2021 and newer Sportsman 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in park. Set the parking brake.
3. Lift up on the rear of the seat and pull back to remove.
4. Using a pliers, remove the two plastic rivets securing the left side panel.
5. Grasp the rear of the side panel and pull back to disengage it from the retainers and remove from the vehicle.
6. Remove the push rivet on the PVT access panel and unlatch the two latches to remove.
7. With a T27 TORX® socket and 11mm wrench, remove the four lower fasteners and nuts on the footwell.
8. Remove the two upper fasteners securing the footwell to the fenders with a T27 TORX® socket.
9. Remove the two push rivets on the front of the footwell.
10. Pivot the footwell away from the body panels to disengage the tabs and remove from the vehicle.
11. Using a 1/4-inch socket, remove the PVT inlet duct and loosen the outlet duct clamp.
12. Remove the eight clutch cover fasteners with a 10mm socket.
13. Pivot the clutch cover around the fender and out of the vehicle.
14. Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The cover seal is part number 5521738.
15. Remove the driven clutch cover fasteners and remove the cover from the vehicle.
16. Before removing, take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
17. Install the clutch spreader tool from your tool kit into the driven clutch and turn clockwise to spread the sheaves.
18. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
19. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage. Replace if needed.
20. Before reinstalling, clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
21. If replacing the belt, the part number on the belt should face outward when installed. The belt is part number 3211229.
22. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
23. Once the belt is installed, turn the clutch spreader tool counterclockwise to remove from the driven clutch.
24. Spin the driven clutch five to seven times to help seat the belt.
25. Reinstall the driven clutch cover and fasteners. Torque the fasteners to 50 in-lbs (5 Nm).
26. Carefully reinstall the clutch cover, pivoting around the fender as needed. Ensure the cover seal is fully seated.
27. Install the eight cover fasteners. Torque to 50 in-lbs (5 Nm).
28. Install the PVT inlet and outlet ducts. Torque the clamps to 20 in-lbs (2 Nm).
29. Carefully maneuver the left footwell onto the vehicle and align the fenders onto the tabs on the footwell.
30. Reinstall the two footwell push rivets.
31. Install and tighten the two upper footwell fasteners until fully seated.
32. Tighten the four lower fasteners. Torque to 3 ft-lbs (4 Nm).
33. Reinstall the PVT access cover. Install the push rivet and secure the two latches.
34. Reinstall the left side panel, ensuring the tabs are aligned, and reinstall the two push rivets.
35. Reinstall the seat and align the front tabs. Push firmly on the rear of the seat to engage the grommet.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of GOOGLE LLC.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc