Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To change the transmission fluid on your Scrambler XP 1000 S, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in park.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission.
5. Clean the area around the fill plug. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
6. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the transmission fill plug and set aside.
7. Clean the area around the drain plug.
8. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely.
9. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
10. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
11. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
12. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until oil reaches the bottom of the threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 37 ounces (1,100 ml). AGL Full Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
13. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
14. Clean any residual oil off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
15. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.