On Your Computer
1. To plan a route, visit the Ride Command website on a computer.
2. Log in to your Ride Command account or create an account.
3. On the homepage, select PLAN A ROUTE in the middle of the screen. You can also click on RIDES/PLACES and then PLAN in the top right of the screen.
4. Plan your route.
To add your starting location, click on the map or use the search bar on the left side of the screen to search for your starting location.
If using the search bar or adding a stop from the points of interest on the map, be sure to click ADD TO ROUTE in the bottom left of the screen.
Important: Ride Command does not provide turn-by-turn directions automatically and will only provide you with a straight line unless other action is taken.
To add turns to the route, you must manually add them to the route map. You can also hover over the line between destination points and drag the line to follow the route you want to take.
Only when you click on locations on the map will these points be automatically added to your route. If you wish to start your ride from your current location, press the navigation target button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Continue adding stops to your ride by searching in the left-side panel or clicking on a point on the map. You can move the point to a precise location by dragging the stop, as demonstrated below.
Once the stop or destination is in your desired location, click ADD TO ROUTE.
Then click to add your destination.
5. Once satisfied with your route, name it, add any notes and click SAVE.
6. You can add waypoints to the map and add to your ride by selecting ADD TO ROUTE when hovering over the waypoint. To rearrange stop numbers, grab the three horizontal lines next to each stop number and drag them into the desired order.
7. Next, go to the RIDES/PLACES tab on the RIDE COMMAND homepage.
8. Select your ride(s) and choose DOWNLOAD in the pop-up menu.
The file will download as a .gpx file, shown below.
9. Once downloaded, transfer the file to an exFAT® or FAT32 formatted USB flash drive. Tip: Using an empty flash drive works the best.
On Your Vehicle
1. Turn your vehicle's key ON to boot up the display. Note: You do not need to start the vehicle.
2. Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port. The location of your USB port depends on your vehicle. Consult your Owner's Manual to determine the location.
3. Pull down the Polaris button to enter the Settings menu.
4. On the left side, select IMPORT/EXPORT.
5. On the next screen, select COPY TO/FROM USB on the right side.
5. The left side of the next screen will display rides and waypoints currently on your vehicle. The right side will display files from your USB flash drive. Locate the file you would like to transfer onto your vehicle and press the arrow button. The file will be added to the bottom of the left list.
Your planned ride can now be accessed on your Ride Command display.
6. Exit the menu and safely remove your USB flash drive.
7. To view your planned ride on your display, pull up the map icon on the bottom of your display. Then select RIDES & WAYPOINTS.
8. On the next screen, select the ride from the list on the left side of the screen. Your ride will appear on the screen.
9. Click the Navigation button to begin your planned ride.
Error Messages and Troubleshooting
If an error occurs while importing your ride, perform one or all of the following actions to resolve the issue.
- Remove and reconnect the USB flash drive securely.
- Make sure the files are not inside a folder on the flash drive.
- Remove any unnecessary files.
- Try using a different USB flash drive.
On vehicles with 2019 and newer Ride Command displays, you can transfer a ride to your vehicle by pairing a Bluetooth® device to your vehicle. For more information, read Connecting Bluetooth® Devices to 2019 and Newer Ride Command Displays or Syncing RIDE COMMAND DATA.
For more information, visit the RIDE COMMAND website.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.
exFAT® is a registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation