Required Tools and Supplies:
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV. To service the battery on your model year 2020 and older Sportsman 570, Sportsman 570 Utility, Sportsman Touring 570 or Sportsman X2 570, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in park.
3. Set the parking brake.
4. Turn the key switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
5. Access the battery through the front wheel well and remove the battery strap.
6. Then remove the battery cover.
7. Use a 10mm socket to remove the black negative battery cable fastener first to prevent arcing. Set the cable aside.
8. Then remove the red positive battery cable fastener with a 10mm socket and set the cable aside.
9. Reinstalling the fasteners onto the posts will prevent misplacement.
10. Remove the vent tube, if equipped, and carefully remove the battery from the vehicle.
11. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris or damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery. The battery is part number 4140006.
12. Reinstall the battery through the wheel well and into the battery tray.
13. Install the positive cable first. Torque to 5 ft-lbs (7 Nm).
14. Then install the negative cable. Torque to 5 ft-lbs (7 Nm).
15. Ensure the cables are properly secured.
16. Coat the battery terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
17. Install the battery cover. Ensure the indents are properly aligned with the battery cables and vent, if equipped.
18. Then secure the battery strap.
19. Finally, turn the key ON to verify the battery has been connected properly. When the battery is disconnected, the vehicle’s clock may need to be reset.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.