Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- Measurement Tool
- 10mm and 12mm Wrenches
- 3mm Allen socket
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ACE. To inspect and adjust the parking brake on your ACE 150, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Place the transmission in neutral and ensure the parking brake is NOT set.
3. Carefully elevate the rear of the vehicle with an appropriate lift.
4. On the right-side rear caliper, loosen the jam nut on the parking brake adjustment bolt with a 10mm wrench.
5. While rotating the rear wheels by hand, tighten the adjustment bolt with a 3mm Allen socket until significant brake drag is detected.
6. Then loosen the adjustment bolt a quarter-turn.
7. Hold the adjustment bolt in place and tighten the jam nut securely against the lever arm.
8. Check the parking brake lever movement. Verify that the rear wheels rotate freely without the parking brake applied and that the vehicle will not move when the parking brake is set.
9. Verify that the parking brake lever stays in the UP position when the brake is fully applied.
10. To measure brake cable free play, first ensure the parking brake lever is in the DOWN position.
11. Pull the brake cable back to inspect free play between the cable end and the caliper bracket. The free play should be 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. (1.5 to 3 mm).
12. To adjust free play, loosen the jam nut with a 12mm wrench.
13. Using a 12mm wrench, turn the in-line adjuster nut outward to decrease free play and inward to increase free play.
14. Tighten the jam nut against the adjuster nut and recheck free play.
15. Finally, safely lower the vehicle.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.