Before updating the RIDE COMMAND software on your vehicle’s display, you should ensure that all your data has been saved. This data includes tracked rides, routes, events, areas, collections, waypoints (saved locations) and vehicle data.
There are several ways to sync your RIDE COMMAND data. Read below to learn how to sync data for your vehicle.
Syncing Data with the RIDE COMMAND Display
To determine how to sync your data by using the RIDE COMMAND display, follow the directions for the model year that corresponds to your vehicle.
Model Year 2019 and Newer Off-Road Vehicles
For model year 2019 and newer Off-Road Vehicles, log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on the RIDE COMMAND display. Once logged in to the display, your data will sync automatically.
You can also export rides to a USB.
Model Year 2018 and Older Off-Road Vehicles
To save your RIDE COMMAND data on model year 2018 and older Off-Road Vehicles:
1. Download the RIDE COMMAND app and log in if you have not done so already.
2. Connect your phone to the vehicle via Bluetooth®. For more information on connecting your phone to the RIDE COMMAND display, read Connecting Bluetooth® Devices to Model Year 2018 and Older RIDE COMMAND.
3. On your phone, open the RIDE COMMAND app.
4. The app will recognize the vehicle is connected and data will sync between the RIDE COMMAND display and the RIDE COMMAND mobile app automatically.
5. You can push rides to the display via the mobile app or pull rides from the display to the mobile app.
- In the app: tap the Rides tab > tap the desired item type (Tracks, Waypoints/Saved Places, Routes) > tap the SEND TO VEHICLE button next to the item you would like to send to the display.
- In the app: tap the Rides tab > tap the desired item type > pull down on the screen. This will pull all items from the display into the app.
Syncing Data with the RIDE COMMAND App
When logged in to the RIDE COMMAND mobile app, the app will sync data automatically whenever the RIDE COMMAND app is opened or closed.
You can also refresh the data on the Rides and Community tabs by pulling down on the screen. If you are in an area with no connectivity, you can sync your data once you have returned to an area with connectivity by pulling down on the screen to refresh or by reopening the app.
Note: If data does not sync automatically, close the RIDE COMMAND app and relaunch.
Syncing Data with the RIDE COMMAND Website
Any activity on the RIDE COMMAND website will automatically sync to the RIDE COMMAND app and display.
Exporting Data via USB Flash Drive
1. Plug an empty USB flash drive into your vehicle.
2. Press the Navigation hard button.
3. Open the Navigation menu.
4. Tap Waypoints or Rides.
5. Tap the Sync with USB button.
6. Tap YES to export all Waypoints/Rides.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth Sig, Inc.